FOR YOUNG 5 YEAR OLD CHILDREN
9:15am-12:15pm, 5 days a week
Optional Extended Day Program Available from 12:15pm – 2pm; M-W-F
Our Junior Kindergarten children will practice working independently, which will in turn introduce time management skills. Our objectives for these children will be presented and learned through child-directed activities, art, learning centers, circle time, and teacher-directed activities. Skills are mastered according to each child’s developmental readiness.
- This class is designed for young five-year-old children. All children must turn 5 by January 31 to be eligible for this class. Often, a child may be 5 by the September 30 cutoff date for kindergarten, but may need a bit more time for maturing. Our Junior Kindergarten class is designed to allow these children additional time to grow at their own pace. These young five-year-olds will be given priority for placement in this class.
- If your child’s 5th birthday falls after January 31, they are eligible for this class. Children who turn 5 between February 1 and March 31 of the current school year will be considered for admission if space is available and only after a developmental assessment is done by the Junior Kindergarten teacher and Director to determine the best possible environment for success. Assessment does not guarantee a place in the Junior Kindergarten class, The Director makes final placement decisions.
- Class contains a maximum of 16 children with 2 teachers.
- Independence and self-help skills are encouraged at all times.
- Social experiences in the classroom help develop your child’s self-worth, self-direction, and self-confidence.
- Hands-on experiences, learning through directed play, are valuable parts of our classroom; this develops curiosity and an eagerness for learning.
- Children will cook two times each month — they measure, mix and most especially… enjoy their results.
- Children will bring a healthy peanut-free snack to school every day.
- They meet monthly with the pastor for “Chapel Time”, welcoming all children of God. (Sample themes include: Being kind to the Earth, Friendship, Being Thankful, Joy, Love, Helping Others)
- Each day contains a balance of child-directed and teacher-directed activities.
- Children are given outside play time, or indoor gross motor activities if weather is uncooperative.
Fees for 2020 – 2021 Junior Kindergarten Program
- 5 days a week: $345/month
Monday through Friday